Thank you, students, for making this year a special one for me. I have wonderful memories that I will take with me wherever I go. Please stay in touch.
Meg (Ms. Roy)
1. Revise (type) your essay. Hand in this final draft, the original draft, and your peer reviewer’s grade/explanation.
2. Write 3 questions for our surprise guest from the US. She is a veterinarian and teacher. Please write appropriate questions asking about the US, work there, and other cultural aspects.
(QUESTIONS to CONSIDER before you WRITE worksheet )
June 27th, 10:45-13:15, Room 9
Similarly formed phrases & lists:
Word choice (descriptive, persuasive, or otherwise):
23/4 – Rhetorical Strategies Essay
- HW (Due 7/5):
- Grade your partners paper, as if you were the teacher.
- On a separate sheet of paper, write the grade that you would give (on the 9 point scale, according to the AP rubric posted in the link above) along with a 1 paragraph explanation as to why you assigned that particular grade.
- Bring paper and grade explanation to class on 7/5.
See you then!
- Print this article (AP 2008 Question 2)
- Annotating is recommended
- Respond to the prompt in 500 words
- Handwrite, time yourself for 2 hours
- DUE: April 23rd. IN CLASS. (Only email if you will not be present that day.)
- Commas and Dashes
- Other words for “got:”
She never married.
They became acquainted.
He was dumped.
gota degree from Oxford University.
She received a degree from Oxford University.
Attention (recent) conversation students:
Here is a list of questions that you may want to think about how you would respond to in preparation for the final exam. I know you will have a new teacher, but I figured this wouldn’t hurt!
Hope you are having a great term!